Sunday, January 1, 2012

Home Stay


Today we did the home stays. Matt, Piers, Adam and myself stayed with one family. The apartments we were in were located in a place called, “the building.” Just being at this place makes me think, “Maybe there’s some things Americans take for granted, such as a flushing toilet.” In this building live thousands of people and according to the hosts this how everyone lives. Earlier, when I asked them what they think America would be like, he said, “I think there would be nice houses and organized streets.” He is not too far off. This home stay was a powerful experience for me, something that shifted my perspective on my own needs and wants tremendously!

-Stephen

2 comments:

  1. Stephen- thanks for sharing some thoughts! What a great perspective-checker for all of us. We have much to be thankful for in our homes, and our organized streets!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now being back in America one of the huge differences is how organized the streets are and I am thankful for what I have. I actually believe that all of us appreciate things we have here in America more so then we did.

    ReplyDelete