Sunday, May 20, 2012

    So here we are in the airport. It is currently 2 in the morning and our flight is at 6:15 am, and after almost three weeks of traveling in Central America, we're heading home!! Since i've got so much time, i figured i would write my portion of the blog.      After almost three weeks in El Salvador and Costa Rica. i have learned a lot and experienced many things that i have always wanted to do. I have had many different highlights during this trip. Getting sick, scraping up my foot, zip lining, soccer, etc.      The first week, we were at the Centro de Arte Para La Paz in Suchitoto, learning about the history of Suchitoto and the past civil war that they experienced. During our stay at the center, i learned a lot about what we were studying, but the highlight, for me was bonding with my classmates and getting to know them better. Just being more open with them, weather it's a squirt gun fight, or scaring them in the dark. It was just really nice to know the people i haven't quite hung out with yet.     The second week, we left Suchitoto and were on our way to Costa Rica. We stayed at the Finca Luna Nueva lodge and took many tours of the environment around us. That was my highlight for that week because i've always wanted to go to a rainforest and see all of the exotic plants and animals that don't live in Arizona. I love animals and to say the least, I took a ton of pictures.     This week, my highlights have definitely been the last two days. Previous to these two days, we stayed 4 nights with a host family, and mine was pretty awesome. The stay was great and the people were very nice but it was very relieving to just have these last two days to go on adventures like zip lining and white water rafting. In my opinion, those two events were perfect for wrapping up the trip.       Needless to say, it was amazing and I am extremely glad that I took the time and hard work to go to Central America. Still waiting for my flight, it's now 3am and i am ready to go home!!! - Tyrel Wilder

No comments:

Post a Comment