Friday, June 14, 2013

Bus Ride to Kampot


Tuesday, June 11, 2013

We left bright and early that morning for a six-hour bus ride from Phnom Penh to Kampot. Within the first twenty minutes the bus got in a small accident, and we had to get off and switch buses (since the driver had to stay and negotiate with the car's driver). This bus ride was probably the most interesting because it was long, uncomfortable, and crowded. I actually kind of enjoyed it though because I got to see how most people get around in Cambodia. We had two rest stops to stretch our legs but I was happy when it was over because we got to swim in a near by river.
           
The river was right next to the bungalows we were staying in. This place was probably my favorite place we stayed because I felt at home, got to swim a lot, and have some chill time, which was definitely needed.

~Hannah Wright

No comments:

Post a Comment