Tuesday, May 17, 2011

A word from Charlotte super late at night in Berlin

So, today was so interesting and I don't think I have learned more then I did today. It took so long to process it all but I did take it in. SchoolClash is really great. Our tour guides our amazing and know where to go. They knew the right places to travel today. We went to this super awesome museum that was so interactive. It was about DDR. There was one section that sort of moved mer, even though it was in German. It was an interrigation room for the prisoners. You would put your elbows on the table in a certain spot and cover your ears with your hands. Then you would hear the interrigator voice talking normally over a speaker. All of the sudden you would feel a vibration and if you listened close enough if was the prisoner talking. It was so close to you, that I felt like I was the one being asked questions. Another thing we saw today was this building filled with layers of graffitti. But in a good way. In America if you see graffitti the first thing I think of is gangs. But here it was done in artistic way. (Yes it is the same place Lilly Billy talked about) But I would also like to mention that the building is trying to be torn down and turned in to some fancy mall or hotel. Some of the people in the building were actually bribed out for 1 million euro. I find that really fasinating. All of the art and donations and petitions there are all in support of these artist. Today was really great, but a lot of walking. Time for me to go to bed. Guten Nacht!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Glad you are seeing and learning so much! Have a great time in Berlin!

    ReplyDelete