Saturday, May 5, 2012

Luna llena


            Tonight the moon is full and that is when I am my happiest. Today I have been more at peace with myself than any other day in the almost a week that we have been here.  I have found a new love for Futbol even through an injury. I have also realized that things that make most people sad actually touch my heart in ways that are hard to put into words.  We listened to two people tell stories of the El Salvadorian Civil War and at the end everyone was crying and I felt happy inside. Not because it happened but because from something so sad these people grew and became the amazing people they are today. This taught me that no matter what hardships I go through I can still come out on top and be the best person I can be.
            Today I felt really good because we painted a local high school and elementary school and made it look even better than it already did. We also had the opportunity to practice our Spanish even more because some of the kids who went to the school helped us paint.  Right now there is a Quincinera happening at a neighbors house nearby and we all want so badly to go and dance and fiesta with the locals here.... So we are having our on little dance party in the patio of the mission here.  I am really looking forward to the next few days because we are going to be relaxing after a long busy week; going on a hike in the beautiful mountains of Guazapa and then to the beach. I hope and look forward to the rest of the trip and know that it will be as amazing as the first week has been.

Adios!
Hannah Kelly

2 comments:

  1. Hannah-
    I am thankful that you are finding peace and personal reward there. I hope you can reminisce on these moments for the rest of your life. Remember to keep listening to the stories from others, as you reflect on your own!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Moon,
    What great insight into yourself and your surroundings. Keep listening,learning and taking it all in,you are on the trip of a lifetime.I Can't wait for you to get home so we can talk about your travels in person.
    Much Love,Papa.

    ReplyDelete