Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Angkor Wat


Saturday, June 8, 2013



While visiting Siem Riep, we visited many temples in the area. My favorite was Ankor Wat. Since I have traveled to Cambodia before and seen this temple already, I was so surprised on how much I missed last year. Throughout this entire temple are carvings depicting stories from the past. This year I spent most of my time exploring the older-looking sections of Ankor Wat. There I really got to see what it must have been like to live there thousands of years ago. Judging by the carvings I saw, life revolved around their God. They would worship them with dances and ceremonies. After seeing these and more new things, I feel that Ankor Wat and its many carvings is a great representation of Cambodia’s ancient past.

~Matt Bray

No comments:

Post a Comment